Sunday, May 2, 2010

Cruisin'!

April was the best month! Mayzie turned 1, Zac turned 30, his mom Penny came out to be with us, Zac GRADUATED (!!!!!), and we went on a cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel, Mexico. Here are some pics of our wonderful vacation.


In Grand Cayman, we took a tour to the city of Hell and met the most appropriate Asian devil there who runs a convenient store. The town is named Hell for an interesting volcanic rock formation and they really capitalize on tourists who want to say they've been to Hell and back:)a onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi9BvdQ-GLsvLM75U1N0SZyG7TFrxWoFr1XExAn9uZt-v_61nI6X0w7LhoOB7GV8KS1EIVtv8hzblpbnjy2A8B1Bhozc9lh6p4WPGHWf05AHHG3xGOocbOcBukKvLHgqVC2yble7cdKeTE/s1600/CIMG1695.JPG">




In Mexico, we took an excursion to the Mayan ruins at Talum. This was my absolute favorite of the trip. The ruins are archaic, amazing and you can feel the history in that place. If that's not cool enough, we met an LDS tour guide named Mosiah who told us that Talum was part of the Book of Mormon city Bountiful. He told us many things about the place that happened in the Book of Mormon and showed us pictures of where King Benjamin and Samuel the Lamanite had stood. I felt the spirit so strong in that beautiful place and it was a huge testimony builder for me. I want to go back and see all of the Book of Mormon sites in Central America.




<



7 comments:

Josh and Jillian said...

Looks like you guys had a great trip. I'm sad we didn't get to say goodbye before we left. We have to stay in touch!

kylee said...

Looks like so much fun!! Jealous. I told Lance for our 10 year he has to take me on a cruise :) Congrats on all the fun happenings in April!

Penny McK said...

I'm so glad you posted about your big month! Yes, you have had a LOT going on! It was so fun to be with you and enjoy in the festivities. I'm already missing Mayzie girl.

Megan and Shawn said...

How fun!! I'm so jealous of nice weather and beaches!! Congrats to Zac for graduating, and for Mayzie for turning the big 1, and for you - for being very cute as always. Let me know how things are going. We head out the first of June to NY, and would love to have visitors anytime... (hint, hint)

Unknown said...

I'm jealous! Looks like fun!! Ok so after I saw your post on facebook, "IT'S A BOY!" I see the little bump :)

Shelley said...

yay! I was wanting to see all these pictures! You look so cute Nicolette! "glowing" i'd say! ;) -Can we say McKinlay family cruise?!

TJay and Jenni said...

Congratulations you guys on graduating. I say you guys because I believe it is both of you that graduated. I can't wait till me and T Jay have graduated. Just 3 more months. I am so jealous of the cruise and vacation. You looked like you had lots of fun, and you look so pretty. So, where are you all heading now? Will you be heading our way? Hope to see you.