Thursday, July 30, 2009

Family Fun

My family came to St. Augustine to visit and to meet Mayzie for the first time. It has been so wonderful having them here and I love to see other people loving Mayzie. However, Karma has definitely got something against me for something I must have done (making fun of Walmart workers? road rage?? peeing in the pool way back when???) because on my way to the airport, I locked my keys in the car in Jacksonville. Thank heaven my dear sweet friend Heather was there to keep me company and to keep my spirits up:) First a friendly guy tried for an hour to break in with a hanger, but all he ended up doing was jacking up the window, then I called a locksmith and after waiting another hour, learned that he had blown a tire on the way to me! My family had to wait at the airport for 3 hours, and I ended up spending 4 hours in Khols, waiting for sweet Zac to come and bail me out when he had a MAJOR practical test the next day that he desperately needed to study for. It then proceded to unleash a storm from the abyss of Hell and we had to travel 30mph on the freeway. We finally got my family safely here, but because of me, Zac has to retake his practical. Then today, while idling in the Blockbuster parking lot, a lady rammed into the side of the car! It wasn't my fault, but needless to say, I feel like total bum scum. Worse than bum scum; like the bacteria that fester on bum scum. Anyway, while I am wallowing in my own filth, I'll at least post some fun pics that we've taken so far.


9 comments:

Josh and Jillian said...

Oh girl I am so sorry! What a day. How does Mayzie like the ocean? I love her bathing suits!

Megan and Shawn said...

How fun! I love, love, love your family!! I can't wait to see you guys when you head out this next month. I'm stoked! And yes, I would have to concur, karma is against you and it must be from "incidents" occuring in the pink caddy?? I won't say anything more....

Katie said...

Oh MAN! That completely sucks! I guess that's what you get for making fun of walmart workers and peeing in the pool. LOL. Now that's funny!

Hopefully things go a whole lot better during the rest of the visit. I'm sure your family can't get enough of Mayzie!

Penny said...

What a way to start your family's vacation. Hopefully things have gotten much better. It looks like you've had a lot of fun! I love the 'poses' in the pictures. Thanks for sending the adorable photos of Mayzie. We are so excited to see you.

Joel and Valerie said...

Oh my goodness! One of THoSe days! We all do dumb stuff like that -- I don't think you are bum scum. It looks like you are having so much fun! It's so fun to see your dad with Mayzie!

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

Alright, I have been stalking your blog for months... and because I am getting sick of threading through everyone else's blogs to find you, I am going to add you to mine! In true blogging courtesy, if you would like an invite to see mine as well, send me your email to chelyncc@aol.com (by the way, thsi is Che'Lyn Crapo)P.S. your baby is stinkin' cute and your blog never fails to make me laugh out loud. So thanks.

Summer said...

Your family is awesome! Love the pics. Sounds like you've had a bit of a crazy few days. When it rains it pours. By the way, your little girly is sooo cute!

Shelley said...

Nicolette,..you just have a way with words. I smile from ear to ear whenever I read your posts. Maybe I can email you my "happenings" and then you can re-write it into an intersting blog for me?! ;) -I can't wait to meet Mayzie. I'm dying here!!!!!

Rowbury Adventures said...

Hey! You pry don't remember me, me and mitch came down to san diego for rick and stephs wedding, and i randomly found your blog and it just reminded me of when your dad was driving that van and got us totally lost, but we stopped at the gas station and got some ice cream! haha your family is so funny. how are you guys liking florida?