Sunday, August 16, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Mayzie and I have been in Idaho for a week and a half and it has been AWESOME to be with family and friends. Things I love about Idaho:
1) The incredible panoramic views of the Tetons surrounded by billowing clouds
2) The new Cafe Rio in Idaho Falls!!!!
3) Maverick frozen yogurt
4) Being able to drive to your destination without twenty stop lights and thousands of cars.
5) Drinking cold, refreshing, clean water right from the tap
6) Seeing people who still remember my Junior Miss performance
7) Going outside without sweating through my clothes

Things I won't miss so much:
1) The COLD! It was 40 degrees this morning; we had to turn on the heater...boo!
2) Country grammer (ain't, "I seen you," bugger, stinkin', etc)
3) Having to drive 15 minutes to the nearest gas station and 45 minutes to the nearest Target.
4) Not having internet access at my house in Parker
5) When my family wants to watch TV, my dad has to go outside and set up an aluminum ladder in the back of the truck in order to get a signal (you think I'm joking, but this is no lie!)

But it is seriously wonderful to be back and I realize how important it is to be close to family. My camera is out of batteries, but I will post pictures soon. Zac comes on Tuesday and we have missed him so much!

I leave you with a good old Idaho adage that I heard for the first time from the mouth of my dear, sweet, grandma:
"A man with grand ideas but no action is like a fart in the skillit!"

5 comments:

kim said...

I love visiting Idaho! Isn't it great to live away. It makes it so much more exciting to be there. i love love visiting but I also am usually ready to leave. It is the best to visit family. I wish I was there.

Red Rock Motors Inc. said...

The watching TV thing is cracking me up!

Nick and Marci Jensen Family said...

ohhhh. i hope i get to run into you....it would be so nice...hope your visit is nice...can't wait to see pictures.

Andi and Cade said...

Good Old Idaho! No one understands it quite like one who grows up there, leaves and gets to come back with a new perspective! Loved this post!

Heather Coon said...

I can relate to a few of those! Glad your having fun! Aaron comes tomorrow and we can't wait either!! Have fun at the wedding...and see you soon.