Monday, October 26, 2009

What we've been up to

Oh geez, I have about two minutes to give an update on our insane lives as of {insert date I last updated}. Zac finished 1 out of 2 internships in Jacksonville and got a week off to be "Mr. Mom" which he totally excelled at--taking Mayzie for bike rides and getting lots of giggles from her. I've had a very busy year at school, giving up my planning period to run the newspaper. But my students are wonderful and I love being a teacher. Mayzie is 6 1/2 months old and is sitting up, rolling all over the place and showing us her exuberant attitude. She has such a happy disposition. We hosted a murder mystery dinner which was a blast; the theme was "Pasta, passion, and pistols." Zac was Father Alfredo and I was a gypsy named Clair Voyant. We are excited for Halloween this year--kids make stuff like that much more fun. So here's a menajerie of photos for your viewing pleasure, if anyone is still following this forlorn blog, since I tend to abandon it for tedious amounts of time;)








9 comments:

The McKinlay's said...

Mayzie is sure growing up and you two look so cute in your costumes. So what happens at a murder mystery dinner? We miss you guys.

Lara said...

such cute pictures, mayzie is turnin into a little girl! How fun hosting a murder mystery party.. i've always wanted to do it.. they're so fun! hope all is well, it seems like this is always a crazy time of year!

Lacey and Zach said...

Of course I'm still following your blog!!! Mayzie is getting so big! What a doll! I'm curious about the murder mystery dinner. I can honestly say I've never heard of that. It sounds really fun!

Katie said...

Mayzie is getting so big! Dang. We missed out on the mystery dinner...assuming that we would've been invited. :) I am missing the beach! Take it all in while you can.

Penny said...

I love any updates that you post. Keep them coming when you can. I'm glad that you had a chance to do the murder mystery dinner. I would really love to go to one sometime. Is that something that you can do over again, or is it better to do a new one and just pass the old one on to someone else? I'll bet you had fun with your mom, sister and grandma coming to visit. I love you guys!

Megan and Shawn said...

Super fun post! I so wish I could have seen Gypsy in action! Mayzie is such a big girl and I can't believe she is doing all that! She is sooo advanced!) I can't wait to see what she is for Halloween!!

Summer said...

Love the costumes...and the dinner sounds way fun! Mayzie is getting so big!!! By the way, I went private on my blog, so send me your email address at summersue_27@yahoo.com and I'll send you an invite!

Shelley said...

How fun! I want to do a murder mystery again soon! You'll have to tell me how that "Theme" was. I am ready to see some Halloween pics of my neice!!!! Get on it! ;)

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures....we need you to come back for some play dates. It's been too long thats for sure.