Sunday, December 13, 2009

Cute Little Stinker Bug

I can't believe Christmas is almost here; it is my favorite time of year. Being so far away from family and being able to go home makes it especially wonderful. Five days and we'll be home. I can't wait for Mayzie to see snow! Many of my students have lived their whole lives and NEVER seen snow! In fact, Mayzie and I took a beautiful walk today in shorts and t-shirts and we were both sweating afterward!
Our little bug caught a bug and has been a little sick and especially snuggly. She is so funny. Last night, we put her to bed at her normal bedtime. Usually she talks or cries for about two minutes and then she's out, but last night, she was blabbing to herself for 45-minutes. I kept looking at the clock and thinking "Any time now..." She finally started fussing and Zac went to go peek on her. "You better come look at your daughter," he said. I walked in and started laughing. That little stinker chose then to learn how to go from her belly to sitting up. She had been sitting up in her bed for about an hour just talking to herself because she didn't know how to lay back down!



She is so close to crawling and I'm posting this for my fam to see, because they haven'e seen her in forever!

5 comments:

kylee said...

She's so cute! Congratulations to Mayzie for figuring out how to sit up! Now the real fun begins :) Let us know when you are going to be in Blackfoot so we can get together. I think we will be there from the 24 to....that sunday which I think is the 27.

Nick and Marci Jensen Family said...

how stinkin cute....i just love this stage of babies..well, actually every stage, but it seems that this stage they pick up something new every day..Just last week Grant learned how to crawl, clap, and got his forth tooth...which three of those teeth were all in one week..
I hope you guys enjoy the holidays with your family....and even enjoy the COLD...it has been so dang cold here.

Megan and Shawn said...

OH She is going to be off any second. Again she is too cute for words! I'm a little jealous of the t-shirt and shorts walk, I'm sick of wearing extra layers (okay trying to squeeze into extra layers)..brrr!

Penny said...

Look at her!! She does look like she is going to crawl any second. I'll bet before you get back to Florida she will be crawling! I am SO excited to have you kids home! And I really need some special time with Mayzie. Love you guys . . . see you soon!

Lara said...

oh she is so cute. sitting up in bed cause she can't lay down.. so funny! she really is so close to crawling! I really wanna see her! she is getting SO big!!! hope you guys have a wonderful christmas in ID!